Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

I realize that I haven't been posting as often lately, but I think I'm going to make that a habit. Posting on a daily basis is fine, but it does take up some time, and I feel like I'm writing about my entertainment more than my healthy goals.

I feel like I've been making a lot of progress lately in my fitness. Because of Thanksgiving, I had to adjust some of my workouts to make sure I had time to see my family. Since we're living in New Jersey now, we're traveling home to Pennsylvania to see our families. We'll be with my dad this afternoon, then go to see my wife's mom's side of the family for dinner. Tomorrow morning, we'll see my mom for brunch, then my wife's dad's side of the family for dinner.

That's a lot to do, and not a lot of time to do my workouts, so here's what I did this week. I stuck with the normal p90x workout plan. There are workouts every day, so I don't have the option of shifting them around. I moved some runs around and changed distances. On Monday, I did my normal Chest & Back plus Ab Ripper X, and a 3 mile run. I did not time this run. Tuesday I did my Plyometric workout, then a 5 mile run that turned into a 6.25 mile run. Both of those runs felt amazing. I did the 6.25 in 1 hour and 3 minutes flat. It was an outstanding run. When I got home, I felt like I could go another 10. I didn't, and I probably couldn't have, but I felt like it.

On Wednesday, I did my Shoulders & Arms workout, then a 3 mile run. I was tired before I left for the run, and I was miserable during it. I had the wind at my back for the first half, and then a nice steady head wind on the way home. I did finish, though, and that's what is important. This is just an example of doing what you set out to do and not allowing yourself to settle for less.

This morning I did Yoga X. I've said before that this workout is insane. There are some moves that I simply cannot do. Today, I tried one that I hadn't been able to do the last few weeks. I forget what it's called, I think Crane or something like that. It's very difficult. It's something I used to try in middle school when we had gymnastics class for gym. I've never been able to.

Today, I did it. The pictures are hard to see the whole move, but it's basically a hand stand while tucked in a ball.



I went up and down with it a few times, but I did hold it for about 5 seconds at one point. Pretty impressive, I think.

So since it's Thanksgiving, I thought I'd say what I was thankful for. I'm thankful for a supportive and loving wife and family. I'm thankful for my mom and step-dad letting me and my wife live in their beach house rent free for a few months. I'm thankful to be getting a dog soon. I'm thankful for my relatively good health. I'm thankful to be making progress towards a healthier life. I'm thankful for this opportunity that my wife is giving me to get myself in order and start my own business. I'm thankful for all of you as readers that, whether you realize it or not, keep me in check every day and motivate me to continue working towards my goals.

Also, I'm thankful that my wife and I finally finished this damn puzzle that we've been working on since last year around this time.


Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment