Monday, November 14, 2011

Start of Week 2

One of the best things about writing this blog for me, especially this time around, is showing people that you can totally eat real foods and lose weight. This week I lost 2.5 pounds and I can't say I ever felt hungry. I'm also not filling my plate with boiled chicken and broccoli night after night.

I'm not completely thrilled with only losing 2.5 pounds, but that's what I need on a weekly basis to meet my goal so I'll take it. I wanted more than that. A few days this week I was down to 248, which is what I was expecting this morning. I think the sunflower seeds I was munching on last night is what did me in. All that salt helps hold a lot of water.

Also this week, I realized that I was drinking too much diet soda. I bought it to help me with the urge to have alcohol. I ended up having 3-4 in a night, after I finished my water of course. I realized the mistake, but I have a little bit of an addictive personality, I guess. I also prefer to drink things with flavor over water.

Because of the amount of soda I was drinking, I made a new rule. I can't have a soda until I'm done my water. When I have a soda, I need to drink another glass of water before I can have a second. At least now if I'm drinking 3-4 soda's in a night, I'm getting an extra liter or more of water in me too.

Of course... now that I think about it, the amount of water and soda I had last night in the two hours before bed would really make me have to pee a lot, normally. I went right before bed and then not again until morning. Before I started eating seeds this week, I was waking up between 2:30-3:30 a few nights a week to go to the bathroom. I guess I found the culprit.

Enough of that. I need to get my workouts done this morning. We've got errands to do and I have work to do!

249.5 this morning.


Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment