Sunday, November 20, 2011

Days 13 & 14

I didn't post yesterday because the day sorta got away from me. I did my normal workouts without incident... for the most part. I did realize during the warm-up that I was getting shin splints. Also, during one of the kicking series, I rolled my ankle. Not too badly. I finished the workout, iced it for 20 minutes, and then continued on with my day.

I made a huge breakfast because it was getting later in the day, almost lunch time, so we thought we'd just have two meals in one. Potatoes, eggs, beans, tomato...


My wife and I didn't have plans for the weekend, so we decided we'd do something that she had been asking me to do with her for a while. Go to the Cape May County Zoo. The best part about this zoo is the price. Free. We donated a little money because we were amazed at how big the place was. I hadn't been there since I was a little kid, but it wasn't what I remembered. There were all sorts of animals. Recently, they got a baby snow leopard. I'd tell you more, but pictures speak louder than words...




















 Jabba The Hut Frog










 




It really was a great visit and we're hoping that the animals stay out for the winter because we want to go back a few more times, I'm sure. Hopefully we can bring friends next time.

I had planned on a "cheat" day this weekend, so I made it Saturday. We had spaghetti for dinner and munched on candy and cheeto's while we watched a movie with a few drinks.

Sunday has been a pretty typical day. We went for a walk through the mall and stopped into a pet store there. They didn't have what we were looking for, so we walked to where we thought was another one, but it turned out to be a grooming place. We didn't go in.

When we got home, we had lunch and did some crafting stuff together. When we were done, I played my new Modern Warfare 3 game with my brother and a very generous friend who purchased the game for me as a surprise. Thanks again, friend!

Dinner was a stir fry with rice. We used some chicken, broccoli, and carrots. Yum


Plan for tonight is to watch the Eagles game and maybe do some puzzle with the wife. Great weekend overall. Tomorrow starts week 3. WOO! WOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment