Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Eat with your eyes

One of the hardest things to do while trying to lose weight is portion control. Especially with foods like cereal. I look closely at calories now on the boxes, but it's hard to picture what a serving of the cereal is actually going to look like in the bowl. Then you ask yourself, will it be filling? Is this cereal even worth it? Some of my favorite cereals are granola's and Cracklin' Oat Bran., but they're so calorie dense, I don't always know if it's worth getting them.

I'm finding that I CAN be full on just a single serving. Sometimes a serving and a half is better, but not always necessary. I've learned that you eat with your eyes most of the time, and there is a relationship between how much food you THINK your eating and how full you feel later.

So check this out... I'm gonna give you a few pictures to look at of my breakfast this morning.




I know which bowl of cereal I want. The one that's the most full. Number 1. But in reality, all of those bowls have the same exact amount of cereal in them. I dumped it from one to the next to the next, so I know for sure. The bottom bowl is HUGE, but the cereal is dwarfed. The middle bowl is fine, but it's so open that I feel like I'm eating a thin layer of cereal on a plate. I'd take that one second, but I'd prefer the first smaller bowl. That bowl looks reasonably full and appears like more food.

Now, the question of the day...was I full afterwords? Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment