Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 4

I have got to tell you that p90x Yoga is NOT your typical yoga. I've done yoga workouts "On Demand" and they were not nearly this difficult. This morning when I put the DVD in, I knew I was in for it. I've tried p90x before and have NEVER completed the Yoga workout. Normally I get about 45 minutes in and then stop. Apparently I was missing the best part.

The workout starts out with a lot of movement exercises, then goes into balance moves, some ab work (Ugh!) and then relaxation poses. The movement stuff is incredibly difficult. I enjoy the balance moves, the abs are awful, and the relaxation poses are fantastic.

Here is me doing one of the movement exercises. Probably the move I'm most proud of being able to do.


Yes, my left arm is under my left leg and my right arm is wrapped around my back and I'm holding my hands together. I'm not sure I'd have been able to do this cold, but it was at least half an hour into the workout.

After yoga I made some breakfast for my wife and I. 2 eggs, about a cup or so of broccoli slaw, cooked, and then some left overs: half cup each of kidney beans and tomato and about a quarter cup of chicken breast. That was just one serving. I made two. It came out to just under 450 calories. Perfect breakfast size for me.



When I was done eating, I rested for about 15 minutes and then did my run. 3 miles in 30:04. Perfect 10 minute mile pace. My wife came with me. We both had a tough run. My legs were really heavy for the whole run. Not too surprising. I did just finish an hour and a half of yoga!

After the run it was shower, snack (yogurt), and up to the office for some work.

While in the office, I remembered that we had purchased some sugar free gum last night when we went grocery shopping. We got this new Extra Dessert Delights stuff. Both the Key Lime Pie and Apple Pie flavors. I grabbed a pack of both and brought them up with me. They are both absolutely delicious. They lose flavor quickly, but if you keep chewing for a while, it comes back. Fantastic buy.

For lunch I had the same salad I had yesterday. Not much to write home about, but filling and pretty good for me.

I got stuck working so I went to Michael's with my wife. She got some stuff for her upcoming bead show. Check out her Craft Show Schedule if you want to see some of her stuff in person. She even got contacted today for a local craft show in Cape May. The woman who called apparently found my wife on Etsy.

We came home and I got back into the office for more work. I had a breakthrough and get a lot done over the next couple of hours. I told myself that I couldn't have dinner until I finished what I wanted to finish. I got done at 5:05. I ended up doing dishes for half an hour before cooking dinner.

We're thankful to finally have a grill! When we went shopping the other night, we got a london broil. I'm pretty sure this is my wife's favorite kind of beef. It's also really lean, so it was great for me. We had it with potatoes and broccoli, both done on the grill. The steak turned out AMAZING! My wife did a great job with the marinade.


 



I finished dinner at about 2150 calories.

After dinner, we were locking up and noticed something unusual under the grill. By the time we got the camera out, it had moved, but I'll put a picture of it so you can see...


IT'S A POSSUM! If you can't see it, blow the picture up and look under the stack of chairs. I assume it came up to get some warmth under the grill. That must have been what went through our trash the other night. Oh the things that happen in Cape May.

The rest of the night will be spent watching some TV and doing some craft-stuff. Now that my wife has two shows this weekend, she's got a lot to do!

1 comment:

  1. You're right I do have a lot to do! London broil is also my fav. And thanks to Mom & Dad for the marinade recipe! YUMMMMM

    ReplyDelete