Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 1

Woke up this morning ready to go. I set my alarm clock for 8:00 because I really don't have much going on today other than a few workouts. At 8:08 my wife rolls over and asks, "what time are you getting up?" I tell her, "Eight." Then she says, "What time is it?"

Damnit.

I set my clock to pm instead of am when I set it up after the move. Oh well.

252lbs to start the challenge. No change since I stopped my last challenge. At least I know I can maintain, right?

I want to do side by sides of my first day of my first 90 day cycle, then I'll post my p90x pictures. They ask that you take pictures every 30 days to monitor physical change.




Now... p90x pictures.




First I'm going to answer the question that I know at least some of you are wondering... why the hat? I just got out of bed and my hair was a mess. My wife suggested showering, but I have a p90x workout and a run to do today. I just don't have enough clean underwear to shower before and after each workout.

Second, the best word I can use to describe my reaction to these pictures is "hopeful." In the flexing pictures, I can see some semblance of a triangle shape forming on my torso. Once the belly is gone, I might have a decent shape. I always thought that my chest and waist were too big to have that kind of a look.

As part of the p90x pre-workout test thing, which I did not complete because you need more time to rest before starting than I had, it asks you to check your resting start rate. I did that out of curiosity. My resting heart rate was 58, which is pretty good. According to a chart I found, it falls into the "excellent" category, second from the top. When I was in high school, I think I was lucky to get into the 70's.

Lastly, my wife took my measurements this morning. Before I give the measurements, I'll give the description of where they're taken.

Chest - Taken along the nipple line, all the way around my torso.
Shoulders - Taken along the axillary line below my deltoids.
Bicep - Taken around the "meatiest" part of my flexed bicep.
Waist - Taken around the narrowest part of my torso.
Hips - Taken where I wear my pants.
Belly - Taken around my torso where my belly button is.

Measurements:
Chest - 47.25 inches
Shoulders - 53 inches
Bicep - 15.25
Waist - 40.5 inches
Hips - 43 inches
Belly - 45.75 inches

Time to start p90x! WOO WOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment