Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Middle of Week 4

I've got to say that the first rest week of the p90x workouts couldn't have come at a better time. Over Thanksgiving, I got a pretty bad head cold. This morning was the worst of it, but it felt terrible yesterday too. It started off with a sore throat, then went full blown stuffed/runny nose and head pressure. With the cold came the sleepiness and muscle soreness.

Yesterday I had an hour and a half of yoga and a 4 mile run scheduled. I did it all. I have to say that the yoga was difficult, because it's hard to blow your nose when you're down in crane. The run was the worst of it. I went with my wife. We started out running under a 9 minute mile. I was feeling fine, until my nose started to get stuffy again. My breathing got difficult and I slowed down big time. I ended up doing 4.5 miles in just over 40 minutes.

This morning, I had "Core Synergistics" to do and a 4 mile run. My wife told me not to do the run, but I did the core workout. It was different than I thought it'd be and I was sweating like a mad man. I don't think I've ever been so sweaty during a workout that I didn't put all of my effort into. I don't have a run scheduled tomorrow so I'm going to do my 4 miles tomorrow instead.

I wish I had taken pictures last night, but in hind sight, I guess it wouldn't have been such a great thing to look at. We had taco's for dinner last night and I continued my attempt at finding a healthy re-fried beans recipe. I think I found it. I used a can of pinto beans and a cup of chicken stock. Get the stock boiling, and then add the beans, rinsed of course. Take a potato masher and mash up the beans real good in the stock, stir frequently and let simmer until the texture gets pasty. Add salt to taste. They turned out really good. I got lots of compliments from my wife.

I'm working for the rest of the day today.

I also just found out that we'll probably be getting Yahtzee on Saturday mid-day. Looking like this weekend is going to be busier than we thought! We have a Christmas tree lighting on Friday, Saturday we're getting the dog, plus there is a Christmas parade and Wassail tasting. Sunday should be pretty low key.

No comments:

Post a Comment