Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 6

I woke up alone this morning. Wife got up at 6 or something to go do her craft show. I set my alarm for 7, but realized when it went off that it's Saturday and I should be able to sleep a little bit later if I want to. So I did. Until about 7:45.

I got up and had some breakfast, about a cup of Cascadian Farm French Vanilla Almond cereal. This stuff is fantastic. I'm not so confident on the nutrition facts, but it's delicious and organic. I had it with almond milk again. We haven't made it to the grocery store for my 1% yet.

After breakfast I banged out my Kenpo X workout. I got really sweaty, but can't say I felt like I was out of breath very much. I think I was supposed to be, but it's hard to do that workout on an area rug that moves. When I finally got sick of sliding around, I pulled up the rug to do it on the hardwood floor. I found piles of sand. People over the summer must track sand into the house a lot and this is what's left of it. I was sliding all over the floor on the sand, then, which was worse. I put the carpet back down. I'll have to do something about that this weekend.

When I was done, I showered and then got into the office to do some work. I didn't do much work yesterday, so I figured I'd do some today. Having my wife out of the house is beneficial for my work. Not that she's overly distracting, I would just prefer to be with her than sitting at my computer doing research.

I had a really weird lunch today. Leftover sweet potatoes, a shredded chicken sandwich with lettuce, muenster cheese, and a little BBQ sauce, and a side of... shredded chicken. There wasn't much left in the baggy. I also had an apple and some pistachios for snacks later in the afternoon.

When my wife got home, we ran to church and then over to a local restaurant for a drink and some dinner. I went into today knowing that it would be a "cheat day." I don't really know what else to call it other than that, although I'm not cheating so much as eating more calories than I allotted for myself. I'm allowed to eat what I want if I stay in my caloric range. I had a burger and fries. The burger came with chips, but I didn't even touch them. Plain potato chips aren't really my thing. Not worth the extra calories.

After plugging my food into fitday.com, I realized that I'm not that far over my calories for today. I'm not going to count it because I can't know for sure how many calories were in my food for dinner, but I'm pretty confident that I'm still under 3000 calories. So if I ate an extra 500 today, it's not gonna kill me.

We came home and watched some TV before bed. Nice relaxing day, but a little bit lonely. I'm sure there will be many days just like it in the future when my wife starts working at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment