Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 3

This morning I woke up in so much pain. My hamstrings were so tight that they were pulling on my calf muscles. I could hardly straighten my leg and when I tried stretching them, I struggled to touch my knees. Holy cow.

Thankfully, today was arms and shoulders for p90x and I had no additional cardio to do. The workout went well. Arms and shoulder is one of my favorites because there are no push-ups,pull-ups, or squats. Not that squats are all that hard for me, I just don't like them very much. I do enjoy shoulder and tricep lifts. I'm a little bit in the middle as far as bicep lifts are concerned.

The worst part about the morning workout, Ab Ripper X. I can sum up the workout in one word. PAIN. Every single exercise hurts. When I did it on Monday, it sucked, but not nearly as bad as today. Today was worse because I was already hurting. My obliques feel like they're about to explode and my upper abs are killing me. Every exercise today was horrible. Some of them I couldn't even do.

After the workout (which my wife did with me!) I cooked a nice healthy (and reasonably large) breakfast. We each had two eggs, scrambled, a cup of broccoli florets, 3/4 cup of potatoes and 1/4 cup of onion. My wife threw a little katsup on the potatoes... she's still getting used to them. Delicious, nutritious, well balanced, and only 420 calories. I do need to point out that this meal is on a small plate. It is not the normal plate I use.



Once breakfast was over I grabbed a shower and did a little bit of work. I took a break for a haircut and some lunch. Lunch was a large salad with a cup of chicken and 3Tbsp of ranch dressing and a 100 calorie bag of popcorn.



When I was done eating, I went back to the office to do some more work. I spent a few hours there while my wife went out to run some errands. When she got home, we ran a few more errands, came home, and grabbed some dinner. She made us some wonderful lettuce wraps. It was basically taco wrapped in lettuce. Delicious.

After dinner, I'd eaten just over 2000 calories. I might grab some more food before bed if I can stomach it.

An impression that I have from today is that my lack of a second workout was noticeable. Although I did not by any means want to run today because my everything hurts, I still felt like I needed to do something else. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment