Sunday, November 6, 2011

Our new place

My wife and I are fortunate enough to be given the privledge of staying at my parent's beach house in Cape May New Jersey for the next few months. This gives us the chance to save some money and will give me the time to focus on the things that I need to focus on.

Before we moved in, we decided to turn one of the upstairs bedrooms in the house into our office. This is pretty much going to be the place that I spend most of my day while my wife is at work. This is the place that I will be while creating the framework for my business, and, hopefully, launching my company.

I've spent some time up in "the office" over the last week since we've moved and I've been thoroughly entertained through my window. I can see people ride bikes down the street, sometimes I get a great view of the sky, and some other interesting things happen. Last week, I took a few pictures of some of the out of the ordinary things that have happened. out my window.

The first thing I saw was a swarm of birds. My wife was in the bedroom across the hall and started yelling for me to come look at this. There were tiny black birds everywhere. I've seen these swarms of birds before while driving. I've never seen them hang out for as long as they did, or get as big as this one, especially in a residential area. The pictures below are in order of how I took them.




They just kept coming.




And coming.




The next weird thing I saw was a group of guys who came out of nowhere. My window faces a dead end street. There is another one to my left that ends at the beach. As I was sitting at my computer. I saw some guys walk down the street. Various physical sizes and shapes. All dressed in sweats/workout clothes. I was curious about what they were doing because they were all walking down the dead end street that ends in a marsh right outside my window. Weird, right?

I keep watching.

A firetruck rolls by and goes down the street.

...What is going on?

...More guys.

Then this.



So I figure out that they're unrolling hoses down the street. They block the whole street off, and just roll out dozens of hoses. Then a truck rolls up with a trailer full of more hoses!



These guys were out there for HOURS. They would unroll about 15-20 hoses, fill them with water, roll them back up, then do it all over again. They did that whole trailer. And then they did another one.

I hope weird stuff keeps going on outside my window because it will at the very least give me something to talk about at the dinner table.

No comments:

Post a Comment