Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 12

Today was cold. Real cold. And windy. I just can't catch a break with my runs this week. I had 3 miles scheduled for today. I decided to run before my legs workout like I did last week. It was definitely for the better. I started off a little slow because I had shin splints. It was only about 34 degrees when I left the house. I ran in pants, Under Armour, long sleeve shirt, hat, and gloves. I was still cold. I finished in 29:55. Not my morning.

When I got home, my wife wanted to do the legs and back workout with me. I really think it's one of the easier workouts. Of course, we have Ab Ripper X afterwords and she always makes me look bad. She's got a strong core. I'm not sure if mine's weak or if I just have so much weight to hold up that I can't get the reps that she can.

I had cereal for breakfast. After showering, we went over to Petsmart to pick up some stuff for Yahtzee. We got food, treats, a bowl (we already had one), a rope, a collar, a leash, some shampoo, and a stuffed elephant. My wife picked it out, but I have to admit that it's pretty cute.

Oh, did I mention that I drove there? My wife has a manual car that she's been telling me I needed to learn to drive for months. I finally practiced this week and decided that I was ready to make the trip to the store today. I did relatively well. No stalling, but a little jumpy. Otherwise it was fine.

We came home and I did a little bit of work, went for a walk, and then had dinner.

My wife made some awesome butternut squash soup. We had a little salad and grilled cheese sandwiches. Well, I had half a grilled cheese and she had some nachos because she doesn't have any gluten free bread right now.

Dinner was delicious and relatively filling. My calories were low, but I was planning on having a few drinks tonight so I was saving them a little bit. I'm trying to meet my calories goals for the weekend, but since our plans got can canceled, I may or may not be saving my alcohol goal. I just haven't decided yet.

On deck for tonight is some puzzle, board games, and maybe some tv/movie time. Tomorrow, I'm hoping we can find something fun to do for our first weekend together without a craft show since we moved down here.

Sorry for no pictures today... I left my camera in the office all day and forgot to take them. Tomorrow I'm hoping to have quite a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment