Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 23

Last night my wife and I got back from our vacation at 11:30 and finally got to bed around midnight. We had to wake up pretty early to go to a graduation thing for my wife this afternoon.  Between the heat, humidity, and lack of sleep, we were both pretty tired.

After the graduation thing (where my wife was given an award!) we went for a walk in the city with her parents. I was dripping sweat, which really helped with my water consumption for today. I was parched when I got home. We took a break for a while to see when the heat would break a little and then went out to play tennis.

We played for about an hour. I'm pretty sure I lost about 7 pounds of sweat during the games. My t-shirt was drenched. I wish I had pictures for proof. It was difficult to run around too much because of my calf. I wish I had tried a different form of exercise today, but I really enjoyed playing tennis with my wife.

In less than two weeks I have signed up for a 64 mile bike ride with my wife, brother, and friend. We will be riding on some decent hills. I'm a little concerned about it, since my calf is messed up and the furthest I've ridden this season so far was just under 42 miles and it took 3 hours. Not such a great speed. When I start getting worried about THIS ride, I remember that the four of us will also be doing a 175 mile ride in two days on September 24th and 25th. 100 miles in the first day alone. Luckily, those miles are through NJ and relatively flat. I am happy go have some mileage goals, though, because they will help me focus on my training.

Tomorrow is actual graduation day for my wife. I'm not sure what the plans are afterwords, but I'm hoping to get a workout in afterwords. If I'm lucky, the heat will be gone and there will still be daylight when I get home so I might be able to grab a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment