Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 17

This morning my wife and I got up and packed the car before starting out drive down to the beach for a long weekend. We made a few stops along the way to check out some apartments for when we move in October/November of this year. Both places were nice enough, one better than the other, but we're still keeping our options open for now.

With all of the stops and a little bit of traffic, the drive took about 4 hours total. This gave us a lot of time to talk and catch up since she was away most of last week and worked most of the weekend. We talked about how I'm progressing with this 90 day thing. She's been really supportive. We talked about how I feel and what changes I'm seeing. I've found that I have more energy. I'm excited about working out, even when I choose not to for physical reasons.

Once we got into the house and unpacked, we went down to the beach to relax a while. It was nice for us to be there together because that was the beach that we said, "I love you" on and it was the beach that I proposed to her on. We spent a while down there reminiscing about our time at this beach and enjoying the view.

When we went back to the house, we changed and went to get my workout in for the day. We grabbed our tennis rackets and went out for a game. We played two games, best of 7, after volleying for a while. I had a great workout and then we went to grab some groceries for the 5 days we'll be down at the beach house. For dinner, we grilled (I miss having constant access to a grill). I plan on getting some great runs in down here and am hoping that my celebrating doesn't cost me my weight loss for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment