Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 12: RAIN RUN!!!!

This morning I woke up for a training I had to go to for work. I ate a bowl of cereal and threw a clif bar in my pocket to bring with me, knowing full well that training would have breakfast pastries available for us. I resisted the temptation when I got there by walking right past the table, choosing a seat, and doing some paperwork until the training started.

On the way home, I stopped and grabbed a mix-six pack at Wegman's. While there, I saw a friend of mine, who is also a "beer geek." He told me he's seen my blog and that he's with me on the alcohol thing... quality over quantity. I ended up getting a Dogfish head 90 minute IPA, a Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale, and 4 Belgians that I can't spell or pronounce. I'm looking forward to the beers, but I need to finish all of my water first.

When I got home, I was delighted to see that my wife was here! It was so good to see her. She'd been visiting her family since Monday, and I missed her a lot. She's been keeping up with my blog and was excited when she heard about my run the other day, so I asked her to go with me today.

We set out while it was drizzling lightly. I figured we'd get hit with a little harder rain, but it hadn't rained hard all day and I thought that it would probably either stop, or stay pretty steady. Incorrect. It got worse. Much worse. We were a little over a mile into our run when the sky opened up and just poured on us for the next half hour. It was actually kind of fun with the rain. I felt like we were the silly couple in the Michelob Ultra commercial running and jumping around each other. Except we were drenched and jumping over puddles and rivers crossing the trail we were on. My wife was convinced that the lakes we ran through had flesh eating bacteria or something, so when we got home we definitely washed our feet well.

While on the second to last road, my wife says that she wants to go farther. Oh crap. She said she was feeling good so I evaluated myself quickly. I felt ok, so why not? I'm up for a challenge. So we added an extra half mile, with a few hills. Worth it? Yes. Easy? No. I was spent. And here is what I looked like when we got back...


And yes, my hand is white. Why? Because I spent my weekend on a bike with gloves on and I have cycling glove tan.

The plan for this evening is to catch up with my wife on the couch while we catch up with some of our TV shows that we missed this week while she was gone. Excited for the night in.

1 comment: