Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 19 & 20

I knew it was going to happen. There would come a day when I didn't post every day. That's ok, I guess, as long as I'm continuing to make progress and people continue to read my blog! Instead of blogging about what I've done over the last two days, I think I'm going to write about my thoughts over the last two days...

I've been at the beach on vacation since Wednesday of this week which has given me a lot of extra time to soul search and think about my goals. I realized that for the last few days... maybe even a week... I haven't posted anything about my water intake. Don't get me wrong, I've still been drinking plenty of water and I'm tracking my intake to the 2 liter mark, but I'm not really all that conscious about it anymore. For the purpose of posting and tracking, I'm remembering the fact that I'm supposed to be drinking 2 liters a day so I back track in my mind to figure out how much I've had to that point then figure out what more I need to drink and make sure that I do, but I don't wake up planning to drink water anymore, it just happens.

I guess that the article was right in that it doesn't take 90 days to create a good habit, rather, it may take many more or many less days. I think that drinking water has become a habit. I'm constantly aware of my hydration levels and work really hard to make sure I stay hydrated. It doesn't matter, really, how much I've had to drink as long as I'm hydrated. I've found that I feel much better when I'm hydrated, so I want to keep that as a part of my life from here on out.

I'm also really enjoying my workouts. I didn't bring a bike to the beach, but I'm continuing to run and play tennis. Tennis is great, and I'm finding that my runs are going much better than they used to despite being ridiculously humid no matter the time of day I go out. I LOVE having a partner to run with (my beautiful wife). She pushes me when we're out and I know that she can do anything that I can do, and more.

My alcohol intake, like I stated a few days ago, hasn't been what I would expect for my goals, meaning I'm drinking more than I should, but I'm monitoring my weight and working out hard to make up for the booze. I'm enjoying my vacation, and as long as I continue to meet my long term goals, I don't see a problem with enjoying myself.

The most important thing that I need to remember and keep telling myself is that this process is working. As Bob Harper, one of the trainers on NBC's The Biggest Loser has famously said, "Believe in yourself, trust the process, change forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment