Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 4 & Ride Summary

MUCH better than yesterday. I woke up early thinking that I had a lot of work to finish today, but I was wrong. So instead of going to the gym to lift like I was planning on, I worked for a while and then went for a bike ride.



For those of you who ride, you'll totally understand this... For those of you who don't, please try to. A bike ride isn't a bike ride unless someone tries to kill you. Whether it's on purpose or not isn't the point, it's that people in cars simply don't pay attention to people on bikes. For instance, within my first mile, I had a fly past me, stop short, and turn right in front of me. I had to break so hard that my back wheel locked up and I fish tailed. Luckily I stayed up. I thought to myself, hopefully I got the near death experience out of the way. Wrong. I almost got hit two more times. I had a car pull out in front of me to make a left turn and another one buzz me hard core with no cars coming in the other direction. I'm sure that one was just to prove that cars belong on the road and bikes don't. Anyway... Stats...

Distance: 20.19 miles
Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes, 19 seconds
Avg Speed: 17.2mph
Max Speed: 37.5mph

The rest of my day went kind of as I had expected. I had two therapy sessions in the evening

Food for today:

Breakfast: 3 Eggs, 1 slice cheese
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Chicken and cheese on deli flats with sweet and spicy sauce (Frank's Red Hot brand... yum)
Snack: popcorn
Dinner: 2 chicken drumsticks, broccoli, corn on the cob.

No comments:

Post a Comment