Monday, May 23, 2011

Week 3 Start

I spent last night sitting on the bed with my wife playing a game of Banana Grams. I was going to just get ready for bed and sit there with my shirt off, but I felt uncomfortable. That's a little silly since it was just me and my wife sitting together and playing a game together. Her visual attention wasn't even going to be directly on me! Why was I so uncomfortable? I feel sloppy. After such a great week, you would think that I'd feel better about myself than that. I guess I felt a little better last night than I did two weeks ago, but still I don't feel great about the way my body looks or feels.

But I felt better this morning when I saw these...

 The pictures on the left are the before pictures at 273lbs. The ones on the right are from last night at 267.5lbs. I can see the difference much better in the side view, and it's reaching a little, but it's there. The fat on my middle stomach and the roll at the bottom look reduced, my chest looks better, I see less fat behind my arm and on my back... and they say you can't see it until you've lost 10 pounds...

THIS is the kind of thing that is going to keep my motivated. I love that my wife is staff photographer and taking care of these pictures for me, because they really show what we can't see. We both look at my body on a daily basis, so these little changes would be impossible to see. 

This week is going to be challenging for me. My wife and I are meeting some friends down at the beach and because it's memorial day, I plan on consuming a few beverages and will probably not meet the goal for the week as far as alcohol goes. But I set the goals with some wiggle room for this reason. Memorial Day, my wedding anniversary, and my birthday all occur during these 90 days. I expect to have some days when I go over the limits I set for myself, but as long as I'm doing it responsibly and on very few occasions, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to enjoy myself. 

I still plan on working out hard. We have decided not to bring our bikes to the beach with us because we're stopping to look at some apartments along the way. I'm not sure about the towns we'll be in the whole way, and I don't want to see my favorite form of exercise taken off the back of my car, so I will go without for the week. We will be bringing tennis rackets and running clothes, so I hope to get a lot of workouts in that way. I'm hoping to get WiFi set up at the beach house this week too, so I should still be able to do my updates!

Have a great week and keep checking back for updates and words of inspiration and wisdom that I collect along my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment