Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Goals

I decided that I'm going to start my 90 days tomorrow, Monday the 9th of May. 90 days is 12 weeks and 6 days. The last of my 90 days will be Saturday the 6th of August. Man that seems far away.

I thought about how I want to define my goals. Here they are:

Water: I will consume 2 liters of water per day at least 70 of the 90 days. Anything other than water is bonus liquid, but it does not count towards my goal. For instance, I can't drink a glass of crystal light or propel and count it. It must be plain water.

Alcohol: I may only drink on 2 week days per week and I may not exceed 2 drinks on either day. Week days consist of Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. On the weekend, I may consume 6 alcoholic beverages for the entire weekend. That means if I drink 5 on Friday, I can only have 1 on Saturday.  I will be splitting the weekend and weekday days apart so that one cannot influence the other. For instance, if I blow it by Wednesday, I don't want to just think, well, I blew it, so I might as well binge drink all weekend. There are 13 weeks and 13 weekends. I'll be able to accomplish this goal a maximum of 26 times. I need to accomplish this goal at least 18 times.

Exercise: I will complete a minimum of 5 sessions of physical activity per week. Physical activities that count include Weight Lifting, Running, Cycling, Swimming, and Sports (such as Frisbee or Tennis). I must do each activity for a minimum of 20 minutes. I may do more than one per day. Workouts do not "stack." If I work out 6 times in one week, that does not mean I only need to do 4 on the following week. I want to complete this goal at least 9 of the 13 weeks.

Weight Loss: I will weigh in every Monday morning. I will post my weight on the side bar every week. My goal is to lose 2 pounds, on average, per week. That's the most healthy way to go, but I hope I go faster than that. That means that I should be able to lose about 26 pounds. That will be my goal. If I meet it early, I'll set a new one.

Here is how you'll see my goals on the side bar...

Water: 0/70
Alcohol: 0/18
Exercise: 0/13
Weight: 0/26

Choo Choo!

No comments:

Post a Comment