Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 5 & Weekend Plans

It's almost the beginning of my first weekend of this life changing 90 days. Here's where it's gonna get tough, but I have a plan... more on that in a minute. First, let's talk about today. I woke up on the late side and went for a run to get my workout in for today (that's 4 so far this week for those of you who are counting). I generally don't work on Friday's so my wife made lunch plans with her grand parents so we could drop off our Christmas tree (it's been in a box since January) and pick up our air conditioner. It was nice to see them, but I had no say in what we were eating. Luckily it was make your own sandwich with chips, veggies, fruit, and hummus. Not too bad! I made a nice roast beef sammich with hummus and a slice of provolone, had a little bit of cantaloupe (melon is not my favorite), and drank a glass of water. Pretty pleased with that.

Came home and decided to get an oil change in my car, so my wife and I stopped at Rita's for some water ice while we waited. When the car was done, we drove back to the apartment and relaxed for a little bit before we drove out to the Harrisburg area to watch my brother in law run in a track meet. He had a new personal best in the 3200, so we're really proud of him. He runs the mile tomorrow (Good luck!). Then drove home. We probably spent a good 4-5 hours in the car today and heard about a total of 7 different songs. 7 songs that I probably will never listen to ever again. Ugh. But now we're home and getting ready for the weekend.

This weekend, we will be staying with my brother. My wife works near his house, and I want to ride bikes. The plan is to go over in the morning, get a good 30-40 miles in, and then come home and have a BBQ with a few friends. Since I didn't have anything to drink today, I can have up to 6 tomorrow. We'll see how many I really want. Sunday we'll try to squeeze another ride in, but I'm not too hopeful, the weather looks like pewp. If it's nice, though, I'm in for a fast 20 or so to get a 6th workout in.

I probably won't have access to a computer to post anything tomorrow, but I'll be sure to update you Sunday night on how the weekend went! If you're near my brother's place, look out for us, we'll be dressed like this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment