Monday, August 1, 2011

Start of Week 13: The Final Countdown

Today is the start of week 13. It is also day 84. That means that this coming Saturday, August 6th, will be day 90 and my first 90 day experiment will be over. This is exciting for me, because I've tried to do 52 day challenges before where you set goals and I always dropped out around day 30. I'm gonna make it this time.

I want to reflect on this idea for a second. Why did it work this time? Here's the answer: I made my goals realistic, but still challenging. I feel like I've made some real lifestyle changes that will stick with me for a long time. But what's next on my plate?

I'm trying to decide what kind of goals I want to set for my next 90 days. That's right. I'm doing it all again. I appreciate everybody who reads my blog, because without you, I don't have the embarrassment when I fail. I really do feel embarrassed when I don't do what I set out to do.

So what goals do you, my readers (aka my friends and family), think my new goals should be for the next cycle? I'd like to add a strength goal- pushups, pullups, something of that nature... maybe both. I may keep the alcohol goal, but adjust it some, and I certainly will continue to track my weight. But what else do you think I should do that I haven't thought of yet? I want some feedback on that.

While you think about it, I'll give you some body shot pictures. Also, my weight didn't change, but my body did. Weird, right? I'll save my side by sides for next weekend.


I should also say that I'm at the beach, which is why the room looks different. My wife is not here, so my substitute photographer was my brother this week. I like the pictures my brother took, I think they really capture the box my scale travels in, but he's no replacement for my wife. I love you and miss you babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment