Monday, August 22, 2011

Start of Week 2

Today is the start of week 2 of my second 90 day challenge. I've already learned a little bit about myself just from week 1.

Since I designed a training schedule, it's much easier to decide when and for how long I will be doing a workout. This takes the guess work out and removes the opportunity for me to slack and have a crappy workout. If you get lazy about working out, I recommend creating a schedule so you stick to it and do what you have planned. There certainly have been times when I plan to go ride for 20-30 miles and end up doing 10 because I came out and some road I wasn't expecting to, close to home, and just decide, meh... that was enough.

I don't mind running so much anymore. We still haven't had the chance to get to the running store, but we're going to try to go this week I hope. We're having our running style analyzed so that they can help us pick out the best shoes for us. Pretty cool. I'm sure I'll have a lot to write about that day.

What I have learned about running is that trying to do 14 miles in 4 successive days is a bad idea. At least at this juncture. We did three 3 mile runs in a row, then a 5 mile run the very next day. That was a bad idea. Of course, our bike ride yesterday of 47 miles hurt pretty bad too. I can definitely feel it in my hamstrings this morning.

On a cycling note... I learned that my brand new breaks suck hard core in the rain. I was pulling full on yesterday and could hardly get myself to slow down let alone stop at some points.

I'm finding that this push-up program is not very difficult to keep up with. I'm not saying it's easy, but it's much easier than I expected. I just need to catch myself at the right time of day to do it. Usually in the morning, I guess.

I haven't had the chance to create a healthy meal yet. Mostly because of getting home late from work a lot this week. Also, my wife's graduation party put a damper on that for the weekend. We ended up coming home with roughly 6 pounds of pulled pork. I probably am eating pork for the next few days for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I found that at the party, I struggled to resist temptations. There is a reason that I don't buy certain foods or bring them into my house. If I have cookies, I will eat them. Period. We had cookies at the party. Big ones. I'm pretty sure I had at least 5. On top of the pork sandwiches, pasta salad, and countless peanut butter filled pretzels. All of which I'm sure was really healthy for me. Before the party, I'm pretty sure my weight was way under what I needed for the week.

Today I weigh 256.5. That's a 2.5lb loss despite my ridiculous lack of control over the weekend.


In order to prepare for my bike ride on my birthday, this coming Saturday, I'm going to do what I normally do for events such as these. To ensure that I'm in good form for the day of the ride, I will be detoxing my body from all pollutants. That means no smoking, no drugs, and no drinking of any kind. And since I don't smoke or do drugs, all I have to do is hold off on drinking until Saturday night. No problem. I can do anything when I'm motivated enough. With the amount of workouts I have planned for the week, I will more than likely be just fine for my weight loss, assuming I don't completely lose control again on Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment