Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 2

It is the morning of Day 2. I just finished an early morning run with my wife. We got up at 6:30. I don't have a client today until 10:00.

I mapped out a 3.3 mile run (we're scheduled for a 3 miler today). We did the whole thing and in decent time too. I'm not much of a runner, but I know it's good for me and I enjoy it much more than I used to. We took 31:40 to complete the run. Our average pace was 9:39 per mile. Better than I expected. I was anticipating a 10 minute mile pace. I'm happy that we exceeded my expectations.

At the start of the run, my knee was really bothering me. It went away after about a quarter mile. I iced it when I got home to make sure it didn't swell up during the day. After all, I've got another run tomorrow and Thursday followed by a bike ride on Friday.

I'm hoping that some time this week we can go to the running store to get some new shoes. Mine are toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment