Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 1

Here we go. Starting over. I have to admit that the first 90 days that I did wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I also really think that the goals kept me on track and gave me structure that I really needed.

The program I will be using from www.hundredpushups.com says to take an exhaustion test before beginning so you have a baseline to go from. I completed 19 push-ups in good form and will be starting at Week 1 on the 3rd column from the left.

Not too scary. Yet.

I've also created a running program to incorporate cycling into the mix until the City to Shore Ride, then I can focus solely on the running to meet my half marathon goal. This is a 12 week running schedule. Here is the schedule for anyone who cares to look at it.


Blue is a bike ride. Green is a run.

My baseline for weight is 259. I will be working my butt off to lose all 26, if not more, of the pounds that I am setting off to lose. I hope this training schedule as well as the push-ups really help with this. I need to get my eating tuned in a little better as well, though.


I think my biggest challenge for today is knowing that I fell behind in my weight and not having a workout scheduled for today. Here's to a new challenge and to meeting goals! I'm sure I'll have plenty to write about this week. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment