Sunday, August 14, 2011

Addressing past goals

It's time to decide if my first set of goals have become habits. The answer is yes. Mostly.

I'm not even going to address my water goal because I've done so numerous times at this point. It stuck. I still count my glasses.

Working out is now a habit. I took a few days off at the beginning of the week because my knee hurts. My Dr. Wife (Doctor of Physical Therapy as of Friday. YAY!!!!) told me that my quad could be injured in some way. I've been icing it a lot. It hurts if I'm walking on it for a while, so I figured it'd be best to not run or cycle on it. I did get the itch to get out mid week and ended up going for a few runs and rides.

I obviously didn't hit my weight goal. I'm ok with it as long as I continue to drop weight long term. My new set of goals that I will release in the next few days should address that a little better.

The only goal that I am concerned didn't stick as a habit is my alcohol goal. I drank a little more during the past week than I had been, however, on Saturday night, I didn't drink at all. I'm beginning to hypothesize that during the last few months of my first 90 days I was drinking every drink that I was allowed to. I think I didn't want to waste any of my allotted drinks. However, over the weekend, I had 3-4 drinks on Friday and none on Saturday. I wasn't afraid of losing any drinks, because right now, I'm able to drink whenever I want. I need to wait on this one a little more to see if it stuck.

Stay tuned for the new goals. I'm pretty excited about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment