Sunday, August 28, 2011

Push-ups

We forgot to do our push-ups yesterday. Maybe forgot isn't the right word. We chose not to do the push-ups after our 50 mile bike ride... except we continually reminded each other that we had push-ups to do yesterday until we ran out of time. So we did them this morning.

Today, our push-up workout was 5 sets in the amounts of 16, 17, 14, 14, and then a max out set of at least 20. That's a minimum of 81 push-ups.

This was going to be the first time I would attempt to go beyond my initial max-out test results of 19. And I was gonna try to do it after 4 sets.

Turns out the push-up workouts are working. My abs were still sore from the last workout we did. Also, I was breezing through the first few sets. When it got to our max out set, I was a little nervous, but I was also feeling pretty good. I hit 5, 10, 15, and then 20 push-ups. But kept going. I squeaked out 24. 85 push-ups this morning.

Tomorrow, we'll take a test to see if we can continue on to week 3 or if we need to repeat week 2.

I'm pretty confident that I'll move into week 3, but I'm a little nervous about the workouts that are coming. If I get into the third category, which I fully expect to, I'm going to be doing A LOT of push-ups next week. It's scary, but I also know that I'm setting limits for myself that I shouldn't.

If you set limits for yourself, ignore them, and bust through them. Don't hold back on anything just to make life easier for yourself down the road.

1 comment: