Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 9

What an interesting day. It started off with a bike ride, then an earthquake in the afternoon. I wonder what the rest of the evening holds for us...

I got up this morning at 6:20. If I'm being honest, I hate waking up early. Especially if I don't need to go to work that early. But for the betterment of my health and fitness, I'm trying to get used to it.

My wife and I had a 20 mile route planned for the day. She's working late tonight, so a night ride wasn't gonna work out. We left this morning by 7:00. It was 55 degrees. It's been a long time since I've had to wear long sleeves on a bike ride!

My wife and I agreed that 15mph was a good goal average. Since our 47 miler on Saturday was just over 12mph average (remember that it rained and we struggled hard core), I didn't think this would be too lofty of a goal. We accomplished our goal. 15.4mph average. I was happy with that for this morning. It took us about an hour and 20 minutes, but I know we worked hard enough. My legs were hurting all day.

Last night we missed our push-up workout by accident. We'll do those tonight instead. Looking forward to it.


Also, if you want to know where I was during the earthquake... I was at the mall with a client. I didn't feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment