Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 87

I'm a little bit disappointed with myself. I haven't been holding to my drinking goal. I'm on vacation, so for some reason, I feel like I can drink what I want when I want. I've held off on drinking before 5:00pm, but I know I'm still drinking too much. In an attempt to curb my drinking, I got a six pack of Michelob Ultra. It's meh... I have less interest in drinking now.

I also haven't been working out as hard as I wanted to on this vacation because my knee has been bothering me since Saturday's Ultimate Frisbee Tournament. I was finally starting to feel better last night, so I figured I'd wake up today and run. And I did. At 7:30am.

I know, I know... 7:30 is what time most of you start your commute (or maybe start working!) But I'm on vacation and I didn't get to bed until midnight. None the less... up at 7:30, out the door for a 4.5 mile run at 8:00. It felt good. I saw a lot of people out for a workout this morning. I also saw people preparing for a lifeguard competition down here in Cape May, NJ.

This is the USLA (United States Lifeguard Association)'s National Lifeguard Championship. There are lifeguards here from all over the country competing in crazy events. Apparently it's a 3 day event, so I'll probably try to catch some of it at some point, but for now I'm just sticking to my own thing.

Anyway, I'm proud of my run this morning. I hope to get out for another workout later today... maybe on the kayak... despite my blisters and funny looking sunburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment