Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 4

For a day that ended up being relatively uneventful, it started off as an event.

I worked from home today, and my wife didn't have any plans that meant she would need to leave the apartment, so we decided to sleep in. We got up at 7:00am.

We debated last night what time we would want to run today. I looked at the weather and determined that the morning would be best. My wife prefers to run in the morning. I'm content getting it over with in the morning so I don't have to worry about it all day. Not that 3 miles is anything to worry about, but I build it up, I guess.

When I woke up, it was dark outside from the clouds, but it wasn't raining. Yet. We got ready for the run and then went outside. As we were about 30 steps from the front door, we heard thunder. Ugh. Apparently you're not supposed to run in a thunder storm. But we did.

We started off the run in a light drizzle that continued for all three miles. We did a different route than normal which put us on a big hill that both of us hate. This route avoided the gravel path that we normally take which meant we'd probably stay cleaner.

As we approached the front door again, the rain picked up. We jogged back into the building then went upstairs to shower, grab breakfast, and start working. Before I knew it, the rain had stopped and the sun came out. It has been sunny all day long with no signs of the storm that was predicted last night.

Oh well, at least we got our run in and out of the way early. I'm pretty excited to get on my bike again after 3 days of running!

No comments:

Post a Comment