Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 84

Wow. I'm really winding down, so to speak, with my first 90 days. I wanted to give a quick update for you avid readers of mine.

This week has been a little bit difficult to find time to work out. I left for the beach on Friday morning, so I had to squeeze 5 days of work into 4 days. I also had to do some overtime because I was trying to earn a little extra money.

It worked out that I got to play Ultimate Frisbee 3 times this week. Well, 3 days at least. I got to play more than that since I was participating in the Wildwood Beach Ultimate Tournament. It is known as the worlds largest Beach Ultimate Frisbee tournament. We played in a 3-1 league, which is 3 men and 1 woman on the field at a time.

The tournament itself was a lot of fun. There were close to 100 fields and double that number in teams playing. So, needless to say, there were TONS of people there. Our team did not perform well, but it was fun none the less, and I got a lot of exercise, which was great.

Here are a few shots of the beach we played on. There were about 30 more fields on the other side of the pier. Also, there was a cornhole tournament going on at the same time. You'll see that in the front of the pictures I'd also like to point out that there are Frisbee fields as far as you can see in the pictures.




We had 4 games on Saturday, and we were supposed to play on Sunday as well, but my brother pulled his hamstring pretty badly and I earned some foot blisters from running on the sand as well as a sore knee from cutting, so we both copped out for Sunday (today). I figure I should practice what I preach and listen to my body. My body says, "I need a break!"

I will take today off from working out, most likely. It's possible that I'll be in the water at the beach today and swim some, or hop in my parents beach kayak and row for a while, but I doubt that it will add up to 30 minutes, so I wont count it.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm still planning on making my post tomorrow for the start of my final week, but I might have it up a little bit later than usual since I'm on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment