Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Start of Week 9

I'm more than a little late getting this post out. I know it's Tuesday, but the holiday put me off a little bit.

So starting this week, I weighed in at 263 again. I'm disappointed in how my weight worked out this week, but I'm not confused by it. I had a few people over on Friday night, drank a lot, then since I had already ruined the weekend's drinking and needed to make some room in the fridge, I had a few more beers on Saturday after laying around and working off a hangover. Smart decision making? No. But did I have fun and enjoy spending time with friends? You betcha.

My philosophy throughout this whole process has been to create better habits and change my lifestyle. I don't want to become a completely new person. I like who I am. I want to adjust my lifestyle on normal days throughout the year to be healthier. I do not think that drinking a little too much at a party celebrating the 4th of July (our town had fireworks on the 1st) was out of the zone of my philosophy.

Despite my weight gain last week, I still managed to meet my water goal every day, worked out 5 times last week, and met my alcohol goal 1/2 of the opportunities to do so (the one I missed was planned, obviously).

As for eating, I did pretty well. I even ate very well on Friday and did a 50 mile bike ride before the party. So I'm not really sorry about what I did. I admire those people who can count their calories every day and measure their calorie output as well as eat 100% organic and do everything they think is healthy for themselves. I do not, however, aspire to be that person right now. Maybe some day. For now, I'm happy with me, and in the long run, I will continue to lose weight. Whether I meet my ultimate weight loss goal in 6 months or 6 years, I will get there.

For the record... I hope it's not 6 years. Now look at pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment