Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 67

It's been a pretty stressful week. I had a few appointments that this week that were really tough. I also am trying to do extra work this month so I can make a little extra money. I feel like I might have dropped the ball a little bit this week. I haven't worked out, other than my Frisbee game on Monday, since my bonk on Saturday last weekend. I'm still on track to meet my goal for the week, but I need to work out every day through Sunday. I'm fine to do that, but my eating has suffered as a result of the stress from work.

I didn't pack enough food when I was out for appointments and ended up stopping at Wawa and getting food that isn't so great for me. I sorta got back into some old habits. I'll have to break those next week. My wife and I went on a double date with my brother and his girlfriend last night. It was a great dinner, but I had a few drinks, more than I would need to for my goal, so I blew it for the week days this week, but this weekend will be back on track. I'm lucky to have a very supportive wife. She helps me through the tough times.

I've written before about how important it is to have a good support system in place when you're striving to reach goals. I'm blessed to have a wife that enjoys working out with me and will try the things that I try. I love that she'll come with me on bike rides and runs with me. I'm also really lucky that she's in great shape and can hang with me on bike rides and crush me when we're out for a run. She pushes me on the runs, I push her on the rides. It's a great relationship!

Currently, I'm waiting around for her to get home so I can go run with her. I mapped a 5k for us to try out tonight, little bit of road, little bit of trail, lot a bit of fun! I'm even going to introduce her to Narnia!

I'm kind of excited to run across the top of the wall again.

No comments:

Post a Comment