Monday, July 25, 2011

Start of Week 12

Man, I'm slacking on my weekly postings. I'll try to get better at that. This first 90 days is starting to come to a close, though. Today is officially Day 78 of 90. That's 12 more days of my first set of goals. I may continue using some as goals. I may not. The point was to make them habits, so maybe it's a time to test them to see if it worked.

I'm certainly not progressing in my weight loss as much as I had hoped I would. I'm a little concerned about the weight loss because I'll be going to the beach at the end of this week and I KNOW that I'll be tempted to drink and eat differently. I will, however, have more time to be active. I've also got my brother there with me which will help me do some physical activities such as run, ride, and play sports on the beach. We're even competing in an Ultimate Frisbee tournament on Saturday. I'll be sure to post about that.

On Saturday last week, I went to my mom's house to help go through some of my old stuff and move things into the attic for her. After going through all of my stuff and climbing in to the 150 degree attic, I knew there was no chance of me getting outside for a workout. Entirely too hot. It was at least 100 degrees. So I did something that I said on Friday that I hated.

I ran on a treadmill.

Ugh. I was right. I did hate it. I luckily had the Tour to entertain me for the half hour I was running in place. I tried to make it a little harder by running out of my comfort zone and I turned up the elevation a little bit. Still boring. I even had a huge sliding glass door to look out into the back yard! I can't imagine how miserable I'd have been in a gym running in a row next to a bunch of other people. Yuck.

Sunday I went for a bike ride with my brother. It was hot and humid as hell. My brother tells me that I pushed too hard in the beginning. I maintain that I was just trying to get through the rolling hills that we were working on at the time. When we got to the bigger climbs of the day, I was suffering hard core. I can't say I hated it, but it was pretty miserable. I did make it back in one piece, though.

The weird part of the ride was that it drizzled on us a little, but a few miles down the road, we found that the roads were sopping wet. No rain at all, but it had obviously been pouring for at least a few minutes there. When we got on those roads, I was getting tire spray in my face and my feet were soaked through pretty well. The roads were so wet and hot after the rain, though, that the roads were literally steaming. Maybe riding wasn't such a great idea. But I was happy to get out on my bike again. It had been far too long!

Today, my weight is 254lbs




Here are my pictures to prove it. I'm not seeing much change lately, but I'm also not seeing a change in my numbers. I do wonder why my pants are starting to fit better, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment