Monday, June 27, 2011

Start of Week 8

I'm beginning to settle into a groove, finally. I'm pretty convinced at this point that my goal to drink more water was made into a habit by week 2. I've checked it off my list, but continued to track it for the purpose of my blog. I will not continue that "goal" in my next cycle because I will continue to drink the water regardless.

I'm finding the alcohol goal a little more difficult than the water goal. When I miss it for a week, it's planned. Other than Memorial Day week/weekend, I haven't missed one. However, I sometimes have an urge to have just one more, or have one during the week when I've already finished my drinks for that week. For instance, on Sunday night, I wanted to relax with my wife who I feel like I haven't seen since last weekend, and have a drink. Although the calories wouldn't kill me, I chose not to because I had already had my drinks for the week.

My goal to work out 5 times a week is going well. So far I only missed one week, which I planned to do, because I had a big cycling event on that weekend. For the past two weeks, I've made up for it and worked out 6 times each week. Sunday, I went for a recovery run and struggled big time. Saturday, I hard core bonked on my bike ride. I think I'm pushing myself a little too hard and may need to cut back a little bit. I'm definitely not easing myself into running like I should, but I guess I expect more out of myself than I physically have to give.

My wife (who has completed a marathon and a century (100 mile) bike ride) has told me that running and cycling are just too different to be able to use one to judge your fitness level in the other. For instance, even though I can go out and ride my bike 60 miles, I can't go run 6 miles and expect to feel the same way. In my head, I know she's right, but I want to be an athlete. I want to be THE MATT TRAIN. I see glimpses of it, like when I was riding with my brother on Saturday and pushed out 24-25mph for a minute and a half.

Unfortunately, I'm still behind my goal weight, so I'm trying to play catch up. This morning I was 260lbs. Although I'm happy that I lost more weight, I want to be ahead of my goal, or at the very least, even. I should be at 259 today, but at least I got a pound back. I think I did really well with my food intake this week. I was being more careful than usual, although I did not track my calories at all with the exception of Monday.

The weight loss is coming. I know it is, I can see it on the scale and I can see it in the pictures. I'm excited about it. I just hope that I can find the strength to continue working out hard and my body doesn't fall apart on me!

Anyway, here are my pictures for this week:


Say hello, hamper!

No comments:

Post a Comment