Saturday, June 25, 2011

Days 46, 47, & 48: BONK CITY

This weekend was relatively calm so far. My wife and I had dinner last night at 7:45, which was the earliest we've been able to eat all week. I'm hoping that we can get off of this schedule at some point. We ate at 9:00 on Thursday! I have been trying to mediate some, but it's not going as well as I thought it would. I think I'm pretty calm in general, so meditation isn't as necessary as I thought. It is relaxing, though, so I may continue to do it when I'm stressed out or something.

I'm getting close to getting back on track for my weight loss, I think, so I decided to work really hard this weekend and see what I can make of it. Despite having a few drinks last night, my weight this morning was the lightest I've been so far. Hopefully that trend continues.

This afternoon I went to my brother's place to go for a bike ride. We took the Schuylkill River Trail down to Manayunk and then turned around. It was a 45 mile ride, normally a breeze, but it was hot today. I was also under fueled for the distance and ran out of water pretty fast since I was sweating so bad from the heat.

My brother and I talked before the ride and had decided to work together to get down and back as fast as we could. So once we warmed up and got on the trail, we started to draft off of each other. It was fun until the turn around point. I pushed really hard on my last turn and was doing 24-25mph for about a minute or so. Normally I'd have let my brother take over, but I knew we were getting close to the end and I wanted to finish it. Once I caught my breath and we turned back, I felt good again... until about 5 miles in. I bonked (for those new readers, that means I ran out of energy). So did my brother.

So now we're about 20 miles from home and we're both struggling to continue. And to make things worse... the wind is in our face. Damnit. So we struggle back, progressively lowering our average speed until we finally made it home. Our legs were burning and quitting on us the whole way. I guess that means we worked hard? It was awesome and horrible at the same time.

I hope that the workout is reflected in my weight loss for the week. I'd love to lose 4 pounds this week to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment