Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Days 43 & 44

Since I noticed my weight not changing last week, I decided to really focus on my nutrition this week. Today I resisted a few temptations. I worked from home all day so I had access to pretty much everything that I wanted. I also could have gone out and gotten anything that I wanted. That wasn't as much of a temptation, though.

I had a small bowl of cereal for breakfast, a sandwich and some strawberries for lunch, some popcorn, some more cereal, and Brinner. We had eggs with ham and hash browns. Delicious.

Before Brinner, however, my wife and I went for a run. I thought it was going to be a lot longer than it was, but it turned out to be just over a 5k. I didn't time the run, but we pushed pretty hard for most of it. I'm proud of the run. I also drank tons of water and was totally hydrated for it, which I think helped a lot.

I forgot to meditate yesterday until I was in bed. So I sat in bed and meditated for a while before I dove into my book. It was nice because I really decompressed from the day and started to feel pretty tired. I normally read for about 30-45 minutes before I get to sleep, but I only read about 4-5 pages before my eyes got too heavy to continue. I thought about not reading at all because I was so relaxed, but I am really into my book right now.

Tonight, when I finally get to bed, I plan on meditating in bed again. I was going to do it after our run this evening, but I wasn't even out of the shower until 8:15, then we had dinner and watched a TV show.

I'm pretty confident that I can drop a bunch of weight this week if I really continue to focus on it. When I meditate, I try to space out, but last night I was thinking about my body and how it felt at that moment. Was a hydrated, did I feel bloated from dinner, and how did my muscles feel? It's really a great thing to do right when you wake up or right before bed because it puts you into the right frame of mind. Try it out this week and see how it makes you feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment