Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 26

I gotta make this another short post. It's almost 11pm here and I've gotta get some sleep tonight!

This morning my wife and I went out for a bike ride. We went farther than I thought we would, which was great, because it sets me up for a great day tomorrow. The ride was windy, but relatively uneventful. I had it easy, though. My wife likes to ride up front. I think she likes it because she can see the road better and because I ride faster than she does a lot of the time and she doesn't like to get dropped. We spent most of the ride on some busy roads and ended up crossing a major highway at least twice.

When we got home I was starving. I showered quickly and grabbed some leftover Chinese food. I was impressed that there was even any left 3 days after we had ordered it. Normally that's enough for dinner and maybe a small lunch. I also normally get fried rice, this time I didn't. I am definitely noticing better decision making. Except maybe when I'm not at home...

Tonight we went to my mom's house for dinner. My brother and his girlfriend met us there. I wasn't planning on drinking at all, but I caved in for one. I don't plan on drinking for the rest of the weekend or next week either. I'm waiting for our bike ride on June 12th. My step dad really likes my margarita's, so when I visit, he asks me to make them. He went out to get all of the ingredients when we got there. My wife, of course, loves my margarita's as well, and so does the rest of the family. So when I asked if anyone else wanted one, EVERYBODY said yes, so I decided I'd have one. And I did, plus a little sip. But I did give myself the smallest glass! For dinner we had steak and salmon with rice, veggies, and salad. Not too unhealthy, but I probably had more than I needed, as usual. I also ate more dessert than I should have... gelato and cupcakes. I had about a third of a cupcake and a few scoops of gelato. It was delicious, not sure it's worth it though.

So I said that my ride this morning sets me up for a great ride tomorrow. Here's why. Although I'm training for a ride in the hills, I really just want to get some saddle time in. Since I did 40 miles this morning, I'm planning on 60 flat miles tomorrow at a fast pace to make it a two day century. I'll be by myself, but I'm hoping to get a draft off of some people on the trail I'll be riding on. I'll head over to the trail after I go visit with my dad for a little bit in the morning. He just had some pretty serious ankle surgery, so I gotta go make sure he's ok! Once he's healthy again, maybe I'll try to get him out on a bike with me.

Ride stats for today:
Time: 2 hours 43 minutes
Distance: 40.29 miles
Avg Speed: 14.8mph
Max Speed: 37.9mph

No comments:

Post a Comment