Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 29

Monday. Back to work. Luckily, I had something to look forward to after work was over today... ULTIMATE FRISBEE! Our team won tonight. Our third game and first win of the season. Awesome job! My calf held up enough, but I would have been able to play better if I wasn't concerned about it. I think cycling and lighter workouts will be the theme this week. Maybe some yoga thrown in there.

Most of my day was pretty boring, I guess, since I spent it working in the office. Here's where it gets interesting, though. After our games, the team usually goes out to a brew pub for food and drinks. The first week I was still trying really hard not to drink and it was more difficult to turn down the delicious beers. Now, two weeks later, it wasn't so bad. Of course I had that initial feeling of, "I want a beer." Mostly due to the fact that I saw so many delicious looking beers being had by my friends and other bar patrons. I had already made the decision not to drink before walking into the bar, though. I split some nacho's with my wife and two other teammates for dinner, but I started off with a wedge salad, dressing on the side. Mostly, I ate a quarter head of lettuce. It's surprising how filling lettuce can be. I didn't need to eat too many of the nacho's, luckily my compatriots ate quickly which made it easier for me to not have as much.

I love being part of a social gathering. I get energy off of being with others and talking. I love to make others laugh. What I realized tonight is that I don't need the social lubricant of alcohol to make me funny. Especially if the other people are drinking! But more importantly, I'm becoming more and more comfortable with myself every day which gives me the drive to continue. I love who I am and who I am becoming, and that's the most important thing I'm learning throughout this whole process.

No comments:

Post a Comment