Sunday, June 19, 2011

Days 41 & 42: Father's Day

Today is Father's Day. So first off, Happy Father's Day to all of the father's that read my blog (I'm pretty sure my father is the only one who does).

I need to admit that this week has not been the best week for me nutritionally. I had chips and ice cream on more than one occasion. I also drank every drink that I was allotted for the week. I'm not confident that I will reach my weight loss goal for the week, but I'm hopeful. This is just a minor speed bump for me, though. I'm still confident that I can reach my goals for the 90 days.

I've been very conscious of my workouts for this week. I even made it a point to work out 6 times to make up for last week, even though I can't count one of the workouts towards last weeks goal, I wanted to make good on it.

Yesterday I tried to redo the child-like run that I had done the day before with my wife. I wasn't as successful. I pooped out really quickly. I think because it was really hot and humid, and I was dehydrated. This just proved that I need to be hydrated to perform well in my workouts. I will have to make it a point to drink more water next time before I leave. I also pulled my butt. Sigh...

Today, I had plans to have dinner with my dad for Father's Day. I also wanted to make sure I could get a good workout in today since my weigh in is tomorrow. So I figured I'd incorporate the two. I rode my bike to my dad's. My wife was nice enough to bring my bike rack and a bag of clothes to work with her this morning. When she met us at my dad's house, I could shower and then be ready for dinner.

The ride was pretty nice. I'm finding that I push myself harder now than I used to. Instead of just making the ride as fast and as short as possible, I added some extra stuff to challenge myself. I added an extra 8 miles or so in the beginning, and then added a climb at the end that added about 2-3 miles to the end of the ride, but really made me work. This climb was categorized as a 5. I'm not sure what all of the category requirements are, but 5 is the easiest of the categories, 1 is the hardest. This hill was 1.7 miles long and went up 328 feet. Not horribly difficult, but hard enough at the end of my 41 mile ride. I averaged 16.4 mph and took about two and a half hours.

Speaking of challenges, how did you do with your goal this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment