Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Days 37 & 38. Back to running

I got to go for a run today! And I enjoyed it!

After working for an hour or two this morning, I decided that I needed to get out for a run. My calf has been feeling fine. Running at Frisbee on Monday felt fine (despite having ridden almost 70 miles the day before). So I thought, lets do it. My wife told me to take it easy and only do 3-4 miles. I did 4.5 whoops. I think more than anything, I got bored before I got tired or mentally exhausted. I guess that's a good thing. I just need to figure out how to entertain myself better when I'm running.

When I bike, there's so much stimulation. The bumps, the wind, the view changes rapidly, you have to be more careful of cars, you can check your speed, distance, how long you've been out, etc. That's not to say that I don't enjoy biking, because I do. More than running. However, with running, it's complete freedom from pretty much everything. All you need to focus on is breathing and not falling down.

That's what I've come to enjoy about running. I like to get lost in thought on runs. Today I had too much work going through my head. Luckily I used that as motivation to get home faster so I could finish it up. I just wish my schedule allowed me to run in the evening rather than in the morning so I could finish what I needed to for the day and then be able to enjoy my run, bike ride, tennis game, or whatever physical activity that I've chosen for that day. But I like to think of the positives. I got to run again, and it felt good.

I took a picture of myself after the run to show how sweaty I was after running in the humidity at 70 degrees.
I'm aware that it's hard to see how sweaty I am because my whole shirt looks like it's the same color. I assure you that it is not the same color it was when I left.

I hope that those of you who took my challenge are doing well with your goals for the week. I've only heard from one or two of you about the goals, but maybe you're more of the quiet type and don't want to share with the public or me about your goals. That's fine. I just hope that you're doing well and you're seeing improvements in the areas that you want to see improvements in.

No comments:

Post a Comment