Monday, June 6, 2011

Start of Week 5

This is going to be a pretty great week for me. Lots of wonderful things to come up, and a great landmark for these 90 days. Tuesday will be day 30, that's 1/3 of the way through this journey and will provide a great time to evaluate how I'm doing on my goals. Sunday will mark two pretty great things. My first group ride of the season (a 64 miler through the hills of Kimberton on the Iron Tour), and my first wedding anniversary!

My wife is incredibly supportive of my passion for cycling. She understands that participating in the Iron Tour is important to me because it's one of the greatest rides of the season and I get to do it with her, my brother, and one of my other best friends. I'm hoping that after this past weekend, I will be ok to do the 64 since I struggled with the 60 flat on Saturday. Although, that 60 flat immediately followed a 40 miler the day before.

I'm really enjoying my new life. I'm finding that I scrutinize other people that I see in public making poor decisions and then catch myself and say, "That used to be me!" For instance, I saw an incredibly overweight person walking around with a Super Gulp full of what I assumed was some alcoholic beverage and a giant cheese steak sweating while they walked up "The Wall" at the Manayunk Bike Race yesterday. I also see people who say they're trying to lose weight and I observe them eating salads for lunch and while doing so they tell me their dinner plans to eat an entire pizza. Why? Why do we do this to ourselves? It's just not worth it.

I am the first to admit that I have an addictive personality. Fortunately, I am not only easily drawn to the things that are bad for me. I love how I feel when I'm hydrated. I love feeling in balance during Yoga videos. I love feeling powerful on my bike. I love being able to run further and further distances. I love feeling like an athlete. I love knowing that I can accomplish anything I want to rather than hoping I can.

As always, I get my wife to take a picture of me for tracking and evaluating my body. Here are those pictures...


This isn't too much of a change from my picture last week, although I got rid of my sunburn and the table changed into a hamper. I do notice the differences still from a month ago when I took my first set of pictures. I'll post some more side-by-sides when I lose my first 10 pounds. This morning I weighed in at 265.5 pounds. I'm happy with that. I'm not back to being on track, but I'm only a half pound away from it and I'm doing things the right way. I hope that after the ride next Sunday, I'll be in back on track for my Monday weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment