Monday, June 20, 2011

Start of Week 7

Something to think about for this week... exercise is a great way for managing stress. I used to drink stress away, but it never really worked. I think for the evening it made things feel better, but it never made me feel better long term. Working out as frequently as I have been lately, I feel like a much calmer person. I'm more in touch with myself and I can think more clearly.

I used to get stressed out about money, work, and whatever else happened to be occurring that week. Although those things still manage to pop up in my life, I'm in a better frame of mind for solving these problems instead of just freaking out or complaining about it. Now I'm capable of doing something about it.

I'm beginning to think about goals for myself for after these 90 days are over. On Friday, I had a training for work that the instructor made us hyper focus on something small. The activity was to take a raisin, look at it, then eat it. Simple, right? But when we looked at the raisin, we were told to really observe it. Roll it around in our fingers, look at the dimples, curves, wrinkles, etc. Then we were supposed to put it in our mouth and focus on how it felt, what it tasted like, etc. Although I didn't put the raisin in my mouth (I had no idea who had touched it before me, I also hadn't washed my hands recently and I had just been rolling it around in my hand for about 2 minutes, gross.), I took the time to close my eyes and meditate. Letting my mind go blank for the first time in a long time really put things into perspective. I was shocked to open my eyes and be in the room that I was in. I literally got lost in my own mind... thinking about nothing.

For any of you who want to try something new, try meditation. I think this week that I'll focus on meditating for 10 minutes every day to see how it helps. Try it with me and let me know how it works. Really try to clear your mind.

Here are my pictures for today. My weight was 263. Same as last week. Disappointing, but like I said yesterday, I knew I wasn't gonna do well on this weigh in. I'll just have to step it up this week. My issue was consumables, not exercise. I'll get that in check. for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment