Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yahtzee update

So we're getting to know Yahtzee a little better now. We're finding out what she likes, what she doesn't, where she's comfortable and all that stuff. She's learning how to walk nicely on the leash. She's also learning Sit, Down, Shake, and Stand.

The most impressive thing I found out is that she can run on a leash pretty darn well. I ran with her for 2.25 miles the other day, and she was right next to me the whole way. Although she can't run my distances yet, I'm very happy to know that she's willing to try.

Here are some pictures and some quirks that we love about her.

First, we don't have a picture of this, but she can't sit on our floors. Our house is all hardwood downstairs, so she slides backward until she lays down.

This first picture is Yahtzee laying on one of the beds I made her. She was totally scared of both beds. I had to pick her up and put her on them. Individually. Once she was on, she layed down and was totally fine. Now she gets on and off as she pleases.


For some reason, Yahtzee doesn't like to just sit on the floor. She's more comfortable under the sofa.



Also, we got her a stuffed elephant with a squeaky toy in it. She loves it. I need to give my wife credit for it, though... she picked it out. Yahtzee doesn't like most of the toys I picked out for her.


She's doing very well and she's learning quickly. I'm proud of her and couldn't be happier with our decision to adopt her. She's so great!

2 comments:

  1. For the longest, Sandy kept sleeping under our couch. Makes them feel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. psssh she does NOT walk well on a leash. my abdominals/back muscles still hurt....

    ReplyDelete