Monday, December 5, 2011

Start of Week 5

Starting this week, I've got lots of great things going on in my life. We got our new dog. We've met a few new people (Thanks to Yahtzee). I'm enjoying what I'm doing as a self-employed person (can you call it that if you're not making any money yet?). I also accomplished most of my goals this week. I missed a day on food and one on water. Same day.

I was on my calorie goal every day this week except Saturday. My cheat day on food was bad. I know that I made a mistake and went overboard. But I was down to 242 mid-week. This morning? 246. I'm bummed about it, not shocked. I imagine that my cheat day had something to do with it. The cheat day also coincided with the day that we picked Yahtzee up. I slept about 5 hours on Friday night and didn't get to bed until 10 on Saturday night. I was up for around 17-18 hours. That's more than I'm used to. With the car travel (5 hours) and dealing with the stress of a dog that's scared... I'm just surprised that I held on to my alcohol goal for the week.


 This morning I took Yahtzee over to the beach for a long walk/run. I wanted to get some energy out of her. While there, we met a guy and his dog. He had a Golden Retriever that was about two and a half. Yahtzee and the Golden jumped around and played with each other, wrestling and what not. It was fun to watch, not so much fun to clean all of the sand out of her fur. At least the contrast of her black fur and the white sand made it easy to see.

The guy said he worked for a local hotel and he worked at the Chamber of Commerce. What a great connection for me, seeing as I'm starting my own business. His name was John, so I'm hoping to remember that next time I see him. He gave me some pointers for Yahtzee and we talked for a little about what I wanted to do for my business. He also gave me some suggestions for who to talk to and where to go for marketing and local connections. Really, a great guy.

Yahtzee and I ran probably half a mile together. I have to say, she's much better on the leash when running than she is while walking. She keeps pace with me very well and doesn't tug on the leash at all. She does cross my path a little, and I can't say I enjoy running with a bag of poo in my hand, but we'll figure this whole running thing out sooner or later.

We're going to the Vet tomorrow to get a check-up. I'm hoping they tell me I can build her up to my distances and that I've got a healthy new running partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment