Monday, December 12, 2011

Start of Week 6

I love that I am doing this for myself. There are days when I get up and dread that I have 2+ hours of working out to do, but when I am finished with it, I feel accomplished. There are moments when all I want to do is open a bag of Doritos and go nuts on it, but I resist and pop some popcorn instead. What it all boils down to, though, is that I'm losing weight, and I'm really getting healthy. I'm continuing to change my lifestyle.

Since I started this 90 day cycle, I'm more aware of a lot of things. Food intake, making my workouts worth it, and really concentrating on my alcohol consumption. Since I started, although I've had a few cheat days on my alcohol so far, I'm not going overboard. When I'm planning out my drinks for the weekend, I'm drinking two at a time so I can still stay within my calorie limit rather than going over because I wanted an extra drink.

I'm really proud of what I'm accomplishing. Even though I didn't manage to lose weight last week, I managed to drop a few pounds this week.

From 246 to 241.5 this morning. I knew that the plateau last week wasn't for real. I lost all the weight I was supposed to lose last week and this week combined. I've also lost over 10 pounds since I started this cycle.

When I drop 10 pounds, I like to do my side by side pictures because 10 pounds is when you can really see a difference.






I'm certainly proud of myself.

This week, things are going to change in my workout schedule. For one, I have decided that I really need to run Yahtzee a little more often. She's got a lot of energy because she's still a puppy, and taking her for a run really chills her out quite a bit. She was able to do 3 miles with me the other day, so I'm hoping to continue at 3 miles with her.

Beyond that, my wife wants to do some of my p90x workouts with me. Mostly the strength ones. Since she's working all day, we'll be doing the workouts in the evening instead of doing them in the morning like I used to. I'm hoping that I will have the chance to be more productive for work as a result.

Time to get back to it! WOO WOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment