Monday, September 19, 2011

Start of Week 6

Today is another one of those crazy Monday's. I meant to write most of my post last night, but I was too exhausted after completing a 10 mile run.

I have never run any distance in the double digits, so last night was a fantastic milestone for me. My wife and I completed the run in 1:51:42.

I had mapped a run that was going to be just over 10 miles. We ended up cutting some of it off because it was way too dark to be running on some of the the roads we were running on. For safety reasons, we ended up running zig-zags across the local high school's parking lot that just happened to be lit up still.

Before starting the run, my knee was swollen. I also have a nasty blister that I ended up cutting off at the end of our run last night. Here's what it looked like before the run.


I wasn't sure I'd be able to finish the whole run because of the injuries, but once we got to about mile 4, I wasn't going to stop until we hit 10. And I didn't.

I also took my end of week 4 test for push-ups last week. I did 52 in a row. AWESOME. Making serious progress on the push-ups.

This week is going to be a little more rest than normal, I think. We'll be doing our MS150 City to Shore bike ride this weekend. 100 miles on Saturday and 75 on Sunday. Hopefully the weather is good.

This morning I weighed 253.5. Headed in the right direction again. Thankfully.

Here are my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment