Sunday, September 11, 2011

Books

I started reading a lot in the past year or so. I'm not sure why to be honest. Maybe because for the first time in my life, I didn't have to read for school. Reading isn't always my first choice. I do find it hard to pick up a book when there are other things I could be doing (such as watching TV or pretty much any other indoor/outdoor activity). I've gotten to the point, though, that when I go to bed, I lay there and read for about 30 minutes or so before I fall asleep. It's much easier to sleep when you've just put down a book than when you've just turned off the TV.

About a week or two ago, my wife and I went on a date. It was completely unplanned. We were planning on going to watch the new Harry Potter movie in the theater before it left for good. When the movie was over, we decided to go check out the Borders inside our mall before grabbing some dinner. If you are unaware, Borders is closing, so everything is on sale. Big time. We got $70-some worth of books for just over $20.

On our way home, I had that giddy feeling I used to have when I was a kid coming home from Blockbuster with a newly rented video game. True to form, though, I didn't pick up my first new book until bed time. I guess I wasn't that excited about it.

I figured that since I draw inspiration from most of the books I read, I would write some book reviews. I don't know if any of the reviews will make the books seem interesting to you or not, but it gives me something else to write about.

I'll add a list of books on my side bar so you can see what I've got coming. Let me know if there are any books that you think I should read. I have a few books that I might even read again just so I can write a better review.

I'm currently reading The Third Man by John Geiger. That review will come in another few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment