Monday, September 12, 2011

Start of Week 5

I have to make this post quick because I need to leave for work. I had some technical difficulties with my camera this morning.

Last night I did something new. I ran for 8.3 miles. The farthest I've ever attempted. I completed it in just under an hour and a half, which is just fine with me. The best part is that my legs don't even hurt too bad this morning!

During the run, my wife wasn't feeling well, so she turned around at about mile 3 and I ran the rest of the way on my own. This meant that I would have to struggle with the boredom that sometimes accompanies running, but it also meant I can run at whatever pace I wanted to.

I certainly slowed down a little, but I don't remember hitting a wall. Which is fantastic. The wall is the worst part of running, hands down. Forget all of the pain that follows. The wall sucks.

You know what else sucks? Working really hard to lose weight, and not losing weight.

I realized that I'm on a plateau. The cause of the plateau, I think, is that I'm not monitoring my food intake as much as I need to be. I work really hard at the fitness aspect of things. As a result, I'm more hungry, so I eat more. I need to cool it a little so I can start losing weight again. I'm way off of my goal pace for weight loss, so I'm gonna have to get my act together.

256 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment