Monday, May 21, 2012

Start of Week 4

I had a pretty great week of training this week. I covered almost 72.5 miles and worked out for over 6 hours. I like those numbers. But I also want more! Exercise is apparently addicting.

I had thought for a while that I might be over training. Five days a week seems to be about right, six might be a little bit pushing it, but it gives me something to look forward to most days. I'm not a huge fan of hill repeats and 800m repeats (that's half a mile for you non-metric people). We have the 800's this week. Ugh.

Yesterday we got a little cross training in by doing yard work. I'm pretty sure we were outside for about two and a half hours. I was trimming the bushes back, my wife was pulling up ivy. We both got lots of splinters. It was awful.

As I sit here and reflect on my eating for the last week, I have to say that I did not do well. On Tuesday my dad and step-mom came to visit. They took us out and I had pasta with a cream sauce. Probably 1800 calories or more. That's my lower limit for an entire day. My mom and step-dad were in town on Saturday, so they took us out for dinner. Ribs and fried shrimp. And then a huge ice cream sundae. Sunday, we went out for lunch. Cream of crab soup and a burrito. After all the yard work, neither of us wanted to cook. Got takeout. Broiled crab cakes with french fries. I ate relatively well for the rest of my meals, though. Mostly, we ate grilled meat of some sort with grilled veggies and potatoes.

The goal of abstaining from alcohol is going well. It's not easy. I'm finding that I have been replacing beer with soda. I drink one or two a day. I guess that's better than 2 or 3 beers, though. Something that's helping, though, is my wife's snow cone maker. I have had a couple of cranberry juice slushies. They're awesome.


We found a better spot for pictures. But apparently when the camera is in my face, I can't keep my eyes open. Oh well.

Weight this morning was 230. I'm not going to stress about it. I'll be back down next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment