Monday, May 7, 2012

Start of Week 2

The challenge of not drinking hasn't been as bad as I thought. Granted, I got to drink on Saturday for Cinco de Mayo, but I'm not dying for a drink. I certainly would have liked one on occasion during the week, but I was ok without. I had ginger ale instead. Close enough, right?

I'm slightly concerned that my training is starting to put a toll on me physically. On Saturday, my wife and I did a 40 mile bike ride. This is by far the farthest we've ridden all season so far. Normally, this distance is no problem. Especially on the flat roads of New Jersey. Saturday was bad. For me, anyway. My wife was fine, but I struggled from mile 18 on. When we got home, I was trashed. I showered, ate a sandwich that my lovely wife made me, took some advil, and then slept for the next few hours.

When I woke up, my wife said I felt hot, so we took my temperature. It was slightly high, but nothing to write home about. I think maybe the advil had brought it down some because on Sunday night I registered a 101.4.

Bed time was terrible. I took some Nyquil and tried to sleep. I got the sweats, the chills, you name it. Luckily this thing doesn't come with a stomach bug. Mostly head stuff.

I'll be taking some time off from training. Definitely not doing my 6 mile run today, possibly skipping my 20 mile ride tomorrow. We'll see how I feel. My temperature was normal this morning, so I think I'm on the mend.

I don't have any pictures because my wife left for work before I got up. My weight was 230.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment