Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 10

This week is starting off with disappointment. Yet again, my weight isn't where it's supposed to be. 240 again. I'm not sure what's going on, but I can speculate.

I have not been feeling great, physically, lately, so I'm not giving it all I've got in my workouts all the time. I have workouts that I feel like I kick butt, and others that I feel like I just get through. When I'm just getting through a workout, I know I'm not burning the calories that I need to burn. There was a day this week where I was down to 236.5. That number was definitely off because I was dehydrated from drinking the night before. Once I re-hydrated, I was back to 239. Not great, but fine. Then we had Chinese food for dinner. Sodium city. I think I'm probably retaining water right now, but on top of that, I missed my water intake yesterday, which would cause me to not flush all the crap out of my body that I normally am able to do.


I've been shortening my runs lately because of the dog. I feel obligated to take her with me, because she loves to be outside. Not to mention that I really enjoy having a tired dog laying around the house not causing trouble for the afternoon. I think I'm going to need to start bumping up my mileage, or at the very least, my intensity. There are some events coming up that I would like to participate in. There's a 5k in February, a 7 mile mud run in April, a 10 miler in there at some point, and a half marathon on April 1st. There's no way that I'll be able to run in these events if I don't start to get my mileage higher soon.

I'm finding that I'm tired of p90x. Not that I hate the workouts, because some of them are great. I hate Tony Horton. He's the guy who's on all of the video's for p90x. He never shuts up. I find myself lately doing the workouts with him on the screen, with the volume off, and my own music playing. But I have been through these workouts so many times at this point, I know exactly what he says. All I need to do is look at his stupid face. There are even times when I know the workout well enough that I shut off the video and just go by my workout sheets. I like that better, but I'm not always 100% sure that I'm doing everything properly.

When it all boils down, I know that I'm making progress in p90x. You can tell from the pictures...


With all of that, I've knocked my belt down two notches since I started this 90 day cycle in November. The second notch happened this week. So there are obvious changes, but I'm still not happy. I want this to happen faster.

But instead of focusing on the negatives, I want to focus on the positives. My resting heart rate this morning was 42. 42! That's athlete status. That's marathon runner status. Lance Armstrong, at the peak of his training, had a 32bpm resting heart rate. I have a strong heart, and I know that I can accomplish some insane things. Imagine what my heart rate would be if I actually trained for a full marathon.

My pants are falling off of me at this point. My shirts feel loose. I fit into my wedding clothes again. I'm confident. I've got more energy than I have in years.

This process is working for me. I just need to refocus and keep pushing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment